Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Every experiment proves something. If it doesn't prove what you wanted it to prove, it proves something else. "

Duuuuude. Research can be hella boring sometimes. Instead of reading about macrophages infiltrating adipose tissue I have decided to present to you ten of my most beloved TV and movie scientists.

There are many more than this and they are in no particular order.......

#1
Dr. Temperance Brennan - BONES
Type of Science: Forensic Anthropology
Best Quote: "I don't know what that means."



I love Bones. She is awesome - even though she for shizz wears a tailored lab coat that she actually looks awesome in - unlike actual scientists. Her logic and dry wit kill me every time.

#2
Dexter Morgan - DEXTER
Type of Science: Blood Splatter Analysis and freelance serial killer
Best Quote: "Normal people are so hostile."



Come ON. Who doesnt love a lab geek who is totally smoking hot? Because believe me - that doesn't happen regularly in my line of work. And he kills bad dudes for shits and giggles. Love.

#3
Vince Masouka - DEXTER
Type of Science: Forensic Science
Best Quote: 'That's not opinion - That's science. And science is one cold nasty bitch with a 14 inch strap on"



I don't think I even have to say why I love Vince, considering the above quote. He rules. Dude gets it.

#4
Dr. Spencer Reed - CRIMINAL MINDS
Type of Science: Forensic Profiling
Best Quote: "You should see what comes up when you type "death" into a search engine. "


Um. I love this guy. He is like nerd nirvana. Kinda gangly, sweater vest, nerd goggles. I think this is awesome. I'm sick - I need help.

#5
Dr. Mohinder Shuresh - HEROES
Type of Science: Genetics
Best Quote:"Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach. They say that man uses only a tenth of his brain power. Another percent, and we might actually be worthy of God's image. Unless, of course, that day has already arrived. The Human Genome Project has discovered that tiny variations in man's genetic code are taking place at increasingly rapid rates. Teleportation, levitation, tissue re-generation. Is this outside the realm of possibility? Or is man entering a new gateway to evolution? Is he finally standing at the threshold to true human potential?"


Man it is SUCH a shame that Heroes suck the big one. The first few episodes I really loved Mohinder. He was using genetics to ask some pretty gnarly questions. Then he jumped the shark and got all weird. And then I stoppped watching. Sorry Dr. Shuresh.

#6
Dr. Horrible - DR.HORRIBLE'S SING ALONG BLOG
Type of Science: World domination Science
Best Quote: "Freeze Ray. Stops time. Tell your friends."


Has the best evil laugh eveeeerrrr. And a PhD in Horribleness. So there's that.

#7.
Dr. Who - DR. WHO
Type of Science: Time travel
Best Quote: "Aw, I wanted to be ginger! I've never been ginger! And you, Rose Tyler! Fat lot of good you were! You gave up on me! Ooh, that's rude. Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger."



Predictable yet necessary. That is all.

#8
Dr.Herbert West - REANIMATOR
Type of Science: Re-animation!
Best Quote: "The central nervous system is still intact... may still prove to be useful, more useful than he'd be otherwise. "



If you haven't seen Reanimator - do yourself a favor and do so. ASAP. Like Frankenstein but totes more twisted.

#9
Dr. Egon Spengler - GHOSTBUSTERS
Type of Science: Ghostbusting/Physics
Best Quote: "Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought. "



Busting ghosts would be a rad job. Egon is nerdy AND awesome.

#10
Dr. Stanley Goodspeed - THE ROCK
Type of Science: Biological weapons expert
Best Quote: "Well, I'm one of those fortunate people who like my job, sir. Got my first chemistry set when I was seven, blew my eyebrows off, we never saw the cat again, been into it ever since."




Back before Nic Cage was a card carrying FREAK. I loved this character - and I always thought my job would have to be just as exciting....uhhh future me? Where the frick were you then huh...would have appreciated the heads up.

5 comments:

  1. This was a cool trip down scientist lane I like Spencer Reed the most, he's so down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - Spencer Reed is such a cutie in a gnagly nerd kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dexter is hot!

    Though not a lab rat, Matt Bomer from White Collar is a damn fine specimen!

    ReplyDelete